1911 Thompson Drive
Oakland, CA 94612
Career Objective: My goal is to bring in more profit to my employer by preparing reasonably priced estimates, ensuring that the estimate is not too high to lose opportunities neither too low so as not to gain a profit. My strong expertise in cost estimates, familiarity with construction materials and deep understanding of bidding procedures will help me achieve this goal.
• Drafting and mechanical drawing skills
• Deep understanding of bidding procedures
• Excellent negotiation/haggling skills
• Adequate knowledge of computer applications
• Working knowledge in blueprints and drafts
Estimator, July 2009-Present
AML, Chilmark, MA
• Prepared the estimation cost for the materials.
• Communicated with the suppliers to ensure that the ordered materials will arrive on time.
• Coordinated with the quantity surveyor in checking the construction materials.
• Calculated the final figures involved in the last stage of the project.
• Discussed with the construction engineers the timescales involved in the completion of the project.
Cost Estimator, December 2007-May 2009
DGF, Lakeland, FL
• Ensured that deadlines for projects are met.
• Visited construction sites as sites are crucial in preparing estimates.
• Prepared several cost estimates before finally submitting the final one.
• Visited sites to gather information that will be included in the project estimate.
• Checked the availability of water, electricity and other services in the construction site.
• Ensured that extra amount is added in the cost estimate to cover unforeseen events like sudden price increase of materials.
Master Degree in Construction Management
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
Bachelor Degree in Building Construction
Howard University, Washington, DC