Purchasing Clerk ResumeLisa Nelson
793 Pinewood Drive
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Career Objective: As a purchasing clerk, one needs to have strong knowledge of the procurement processes and procedures and must be highly organized. Equipped with these skills, my objective is to maintain a record of all the incoming and outgoing supplies of the company.
• Ability to communicate and haggle with suppliers
• Strong computer skills: Excel, Spreadsheet, Word
• Expert in data filing, sorting
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Great negotiation skills
Purchasing Clerk, July 2009-Present
AML, Dayton, OH
• Received purchase requests from the different units of the office.
• Prepared purchase forms n accordance with the requests.
• Communicated with the different suppliers and made negotiations.
• Determined which mode of payment each supplier/distributor will accept.
• Made canvass for each requested supply to get the best price.
Purchase Assistant, December 2007-May 2009
DGF, Sun Valley, ID
• Checked each item as soon as delivered.
• Compared prices of the suppliers and selected the one that offers the lowest price.
• Called the requesting office to verify the accuracy, quality and quantity of certain requests.
• Ensure that none of the items are damaged upon delivery.
• Reviewed requests and ensure compliance to the requisition policy.
• Identified fast moving items and made purchases accordingly.
Masters Degree in Business Management
Polytechnic Institute of New York University, Brooklyn, NY
Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA